When can I stop taking Jakafi?

You should not stop taking Jakafi (ruxolitinib) without first talking to your doctor. This drug is a long-term treatment for myelofibrosis, a condition in which bone marrow is replaced by scar tissue and blood cell production declines. If it works for you, it will relieve symptoms such as muscle and bone pain, fatigue and night sweats, but if you stop taking it, these symptoms will come back. If symptoms of myelofibrosis don't improve after six months of taking Jakafi, your doctor may take you off the drug.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

5 Essential Facts About Generic Drugs
5 Essential Facts About Generic Drugs
Think of the name of an aspirin brand you know. If you thought “Bayer,” you’re probably not alone. But what about the store-brand aspirin that often s...
Can I take pain medicines with Procardia to help with pain?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes. But be sure to clear this with your doctor so that he/she can monitor you for blood pressure ch...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?