When should I call my doctor if I am receiving Nulojix?

If you are receiving Nulojix (belatacept), you should call your doctor for the following reasons:
  • You learn you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
  • You are considering taking a new prescription or nonprescription medication, herbal remedy, or supplement.
  • You are due to receive a vaccine.
  • You have just been diagnosed with a medical condition or there is any change in your health.
  • You need to undergo surgery, including dental surgery.
You should also call your doctor right away if you experience any of the following side effects of Nulojix, which is given to reduce the risk of organ rejection after a kidney transplant:
  • gastrointestinal problems, such as diarrhea, constipation, nausea and vomiting
  • headache
  • swelling in hands, legs, feet or glands
  • cough
  • fever
  • night sweats or tiredness that doesn't go away
  • bladder or kidney infection
  • problems with the way the new kidney functions, such as excreting more or less urine than normal, blood in your urine, pain while urinating or tenderness in the area over your transplanted kidney
  • unusual behavior or moods, confusion or memory problems
  • changes in the way you walk or talk
  • weakness on one side of your body
  • vision changes
  • shortness of breath
  • weight loss
  • skin changes, such as unusually pale skin, a new bump or skin lesion or changes in an existing mole

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Why Some Infections Are Getting Harder to Treat
Penicillin ushered in the antibiotic era when it was discovered in 1928. Now, many experts are worried that we may be entering a post-antibiotic era, ...
How effective is phentermine and topiramate for weight loss?
In large studies, about 70% of people taking a 15 mg/92 mg dose of Qsymia as part of a diet and exer...
What drives the sale of statin drugs?
Joseph Saseen, PharmDJoseph Saseen, PharmD
Four statins are generically available (atorvastatin, pravastatin, simvastatin, rosuvastatin, lovast...
What are the Most Common Prescription Drugs That Cause Side Effects?