What should I tell my doctor before taking Stribild?

Before taking Stribild (elvitegravir, cobicistat, emtricitabine and tenofovir), a prescription medicine used to treat human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1), you should give your doctor a complete medical history. Be sure to tell him or her if you:
  • have any kidney problems
  • have any bone problems
  • have liver problems, such as a hepatitis B infection
  • think you are pregnant or want to become pregnant
  • have any other medical conditions
You should also tell your doctor about all of your other medications (prescription or over-the-counter), as well as any supplements you take.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

When Good Meds Do Bad Things
When Good Meds Do Bad Things
Running back Jerome “The Bus” Bettis played in the NFL for 13 seasons (a Super Bowl win with the Steelers) and landed in the Hall of Fame—all done whi...
Can Stribild interact with other medications?
If you are taking alfuzosin, you should not take Stribild. If you are taking silodosin or tamsulosin...
How effective is phentermine and topiramate for weight loss?
In large studies, about 70% of people taking a 15 mg/92 mg dose of Qsymia as part of a diet and exer...
What are the Most Common Prescription Drugs That Cause Side Effects?