What should I know about Aci-Jel before using it?

Before using Aci-Jel you should notify your doctor of any allergies you may have, especially to acetic acid (vinegar), oxyquinoline, ricinoleic acid, eggs and other foods, dyes or preservatives. Additionally, Aci-Jel may interfere with the integrity of the latex or rubber in birth control devices, such as latex condoms, vaginal contraceptive diaphragms, vaginal rings or cervical caps. It can also interfere with the activity of spermicides. This can increase the chances of pregnancy. While using this medication you should not use tampons. Aci-Jel is only for intravaginal use and should never be taken orally or come into contact with your eyes.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Can Marijuana Be Used Responsibly?
Can Marijuana Be Used Responsibly?
Weed, ganja, pot—whatever you call marijuana, facts about its risks and benefits seem harder to come by than a sober fan at a Willie Nelson concert. B...
How do I know if Saxenda is right for me?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Saxenda is a newer type of weight loss drug. It is in a class of medications called glucagon-like pe...
What are the most common prescription drugs that cause side effects?
Suzy  CohenSuzy Cohen
Common prescription drugs that cause side effects include acid-blockers, corticosteroids and bir...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?