What is Nutropin Depot?

Nutropin Depot is no longer available in the United States.

Nutropin Depot is a long-acting recombinant human growth hormone (rh-GH) medication that treats people who have growth hormone deficiency and growth failure. It is helpful in treating children suffering from the genetic disorder Turner syndrome or Noonan syndrome. Nutropin Depot can also be used to prevent any serious weight loss in people suffering from AIDS. The active ingredient in Nutropin Depot is somatropin.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Inactive Ingredients in Medications May Cause Problematic Side Effects
The 2007 movie Fast Food Nation is a fictionalized account of what it takes to bring hamburger from farm to drive-thru—and the hidden “ingredients” th...
What is a generic name?
Generic name drugs contain the same active ingredients that name-brand drugs contain and are FDA-app...
How do I know if Saxenda is right for me?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Saxenda is a newer type of weight loss drug. It is in a class of medications called glucagon-like pe...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?