What should I do if I miss a dose of Stribild?

If you miss a dose of Stribild (elvitegravir, cobicistat, emtricitabine and tenofovir), a prescription medicine used to treat human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1), take it as soon as you remember, unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, do not take the missed dose; instead, take the next dose at your usual time. Do not take a double dose to make up for one you missed.

Take Stribild once a day with food. Do not stop taking it or change your dose before talking with your doctor. Do not skip any doses.

Make sure that you do not run out of Stribild. If you stop taking this drug for even a few days, the virus might become more difficult to treat.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Can Marijuana Be Used Responsibly?
Can Marijuana Be Used Responsibly?
Weed, ganja, pot—whatever you call marijuana, facts about its risks and benefits seem harder to come by than a sober fan at a Willie Nelson concert. B...
Will I gain weight if I stop taking prescription stimulants?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Weight gain is often a problem when people stop taking stimulants. If you're overweight or have ...
What are appetite suppressants?
Gretchen M. Bosacker, MDGretchen M. Bosacker, MD
Appetite suppressants work by altering levels of certain chemicals in the brain, mainly serotonin. W...
What are the Most Common Prescription Drugs That Cause Side Effects?