What is Vascepa?

Vascepa (icosapent ethyl) is a prescription fish oil treatment for high levels of triglyceride, a kind of blood fat. Excessively high triglycerides have been linked to an increased risk for developing heart disease, diabetes and liver disease. Vascepa is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat triglyceride levels of 500 milligrams/deciliter (mg/dL) or higher in an effort to reduce levels to 100 mg/dL or less.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

What You Need to Know About Medical Marijuana
Depending on whom you talk to, medical marijuana (also known as cannabis) is either a panacea for everything from cancer, to chronic pain, to epilepsy...
Will I gain weight if I stop taking prescription stimulants?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Weight gain is often a problem when people stop taking stimulants. If you're overweight or have ...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?