What is Rescula?

This drug is no longer available in the United States.

Rescula (unoprostone isopropyl) is prescribed to treat open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension (increased pressure within the eye). Rescula increases drainage of aqueous humor (the fluid inside your eye) to reduce eye pressure. This drug is no longer available in the United States.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Ask the Doctors: How to Choose the Right Medications—For You and Your Pet
Q: I need to change birth control pills because the one I’m taking is giving me headaches. What’s the best way to find a new pill and do I need a mont...
How do statins help reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol?
Dr. John La PumaDr. John La Puma
Nearly all people with high LDL (lousy) cholesterol and low HDL (healthy) cholesterol can change the...
Does phentermine and topiramate have any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, insomnia, difficulty thinking, depression, anxiety, rapid heart r...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?