What is Phosphocol?

Phosphocol is no longer available in the United States.

Phosphocol is a prescription medication given to people who suffer from cancer. The drug, offered with the brand name Phosphocol P-32, is via catheter to people who suffer from cancer and who experience leaking in certain organs, like the lung sac or the sac that holds the liver, intestines, and stomach. In addition, the drug can be given via injection to people who have cancer in their ovaries or prostate. Dosing varies from person to person, and a doctor should oversee the administration of Phosphocol. The active ingredient/generic name of the drug is chromic phosphate p 32.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Ask the Doctors: How to Choose the Right Medications—For You and Your Pet
Q: I need to change birth control pills because the one I’m taking is giving me headaches. What’s the best way to find a new pill and do I need a mont...
What is a generic name?
Generic name drugs contain the same active ingredients that name-brand drugs contain and are FDA-app...
What are the benefits of statin drugs?
Dr. David B. Agus, MDDr. David B. Agus, MD
Statin drugs do much more than just lower cholesterol. In this video, cancer specialist and author D...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?