What is Jakafi?

Jakafi (ruxolitinib) is the first drug approved to treat the rare bone marrow disease myelofibrosis, which causes bone marrow to be replaced by scar tissue. When the bone marrow scars, it may not be able to make enough blood cells, which can lead to bleeding, anemia and other problems. Jakafi is a pill that helps decrease scarring in the bone marrow and restore normal blood and immune system processes.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Ask the Doctors: How to Choose the Right Medications—For You and Your Pet
Q: I need to change birth control pills because the one I’m taking is giving me headaches. What’s the best way to find a new pill and do I need a mont...
What are the side effects of the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection?
MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection, when used with sodium pertechnetate Tc99m injection, has ...
What is phentermine and topiramate used for?
Phentermine can help people eat less by suppressing their appetite. Topiramate, a drug used for seiz...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?