What is Estratest?

Estratest is no longer available in the United States.

Estratest is a combination of esterified estrogen and methyltestosterone that is used to treat the symptoms of menopause in patients who did not get relief after being treated with estrogens alone. Estratest comes in the form of a tablet. During menopause, a woman's body loses the hormone estrogen, causing symptoms such as hot flashes and vaginal dryness, burning and irritation. Estratest relieves these symptoms. Other names for Estratest include Covaryx H.S. Tablets, Covaryx Tablets, Essian HS Tablets, Essian Tablets, Esterified Estrogens and Methyltestosterone DS Tablets, Esterified Estrogens and Methyltestosterone HS Tablets, Estratest HS Tablets and Estratest Tablets.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

What Is CBD and Why Are so Many People Using It?
From vitamin store oils to online foot creams, cannabidiol (CBD) can be found just about everywhere these days, in a stunning array of products—and mi...
How does the MDP Kit of Technetium Injection interact with other drugs?
The MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection is not currently known to interact with other drugs. H...
Will I gain weight if I stop taking prescription stimulants?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Weight gain is often a problem when people stop taking stimulants. If you're overweight or have ...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?