What is Eryc?

Eryc is the brand name of an oral antibiotic containing the active ingredient erythromycin in a delayed-release capsule formulation. It is classified as a macrolide antibiotic and inhibits bacterial growth by interfering with protein synthesis in the bacteria. It is used to treat a wide variety of infections caused by susceptible bacteria. Eryc is no longer available in the US.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

The Super Power of Statins
The Super Power of Statins
In a tiny room in London’s New Scotland Yard there’s a police unit made up entirely of officers who have an uncanny ability to recognize human faces. ...
How do I know if Saxenda is right for me?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Saxenda is a newer type of weight loss drug. It is in a class of medications called glucagon-like pe...
What should I know about Stribild before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood and urine tests before starting treatment. You will need to be tes...
What are the Most Common Prescription Drugs That Cause Side Effects?