What is Deltasone?

Deltasone is no longer available in the United States.

Deltasone is the original brand name for the corticosteroid prednisone. It is used to treat several conditions. Deltasone is effective at treating inflammation and adrenocortical deficiencies. More specifically, the medication is used to treat arthritis, asthma, allergies, respiratory diseases, multiple sclerosis and several other conditions. Most commonly, it is prescribed for its anti-inflammatory properties. It works by suppressing your immune system and by keeping substances that cause inflammation in your body from being produced.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

When Good Meds Do Bad Things
When Good Meds Do Bad Things
Running back Jerome “The Bus” Bettis played in the NFL for 13 seasons (a Super Bowl win with the Steelers) and landed in the Hall of Fame—all done whi...
Will I gain weight if I stop taking prescription stimulants?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Weight gain is often a problem when people stop taking stimulants. If you're overweight or have ...
How do I know if Saxenda is right for me?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Saxenda is a newer type of weight loss drug. It is in a class of medications called glucagon-like pe...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?