What is Carbenicillin Indanyl Sodium?

Carbenicillin Indanyl Sodium is no longer available in the United States.

Carbenicillin Indanyl Sodium is an antibiotic and belongs to the group known as penicillins used to fight bacteria in the body that causes infection. This drug is used to treat a number of infections, including bladder infections such as cystitis and prostatitis. Carbenicillin Indanyl Sodium is the generic name for the active ingredient in Geocillin. It is a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved medicine. Carbenicillin Indanyl Sodium is available as tablets containing 382 mgs of this drug. Dosage depends on a number of factors, such as the condition being treated.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Can Marijuana Be Used Responsibly?
Can Marijuana Be Used Responsibly?
Weed, ganja, pot—whatever you call marijuana, facts about its risks and benefits seem harder to come by than a sober fan at a Willie Nelson concert. B...
What should I know about the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection?
The MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection should only be used by medical professionals in a diag...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?