What is Bextra?

Bextra is no longer available in the United States.

Bextra is a brand name version of the prescription drug valdecoxib. Bextra was voluntarily removed from the U.S. market by its manufacturer in 2005 because it increases the risk of serious skin reactions in those who used it. It also increases your risk of heart attack and stroke.

Bextra is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that treats the pain, stiffness, and inflammation of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It is sometimes used to treat severe menstrual pain. It comes as a tablet to be taken orally.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

5 Important Questions About Your Cholesterol Medicine
Dietary changes, exercise and weight loss can go a long way toward improving your cholesterol. But your doctor may prescribe medication, too—especiall...
Will I gain weight if I stop taking prescription stimulants?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Weight gain is often a problem when people stop taking stimulants. If you're overweight or have ...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?