What is Betaxon?

Betaxon is no longer available in the United States.

Betaxon belongs to the class of drugs known as beta blockers. It is a prescription drug that comes in the form of eye drops. It is used to treat glaucoma and high pressure in the eyes. Betaxon is the brand name for this drug. The generic name is levobetaxolol ophthalmic.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Ask the Doctors: How to Choose the Right Medications—For You and Your Pet
Q: I need to change birth control pills because the one I’m taking is giving me headaches. What’s the best way to find a new pill and do I need a mont...
What is the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection?
The MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection is a set of 10 vials each containing medronic acid, st...
Is generic medication as effective as brand name medication?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates pharmaceutical manufacturers closely and, if a comp...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?