What is Allernaze?

Allernaze is no longer available in the United States.

Allernaze is a corticosteroid used to treat seasonal and year-round allergies. Taken in its nasal spray form, it can help relieve allergy symptoms like runny nose, sneezing, and nasal itching. Its current marketing status is discontinued, though it may change as it has been sold from Collegium Pharmaceuticals to Lupin Atlantis. With the active ingredient triamcinolone acetonide, Allernaze does not have any generic equivalents and is available only by prescription.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Inactive Ingredients in Medications May Cause Problematic Side Effects
The 2007 movie Fast Food Nation is a fictionalized account of what it takes to bring hamburger from farm to drive-thru—and the hidden “ingredients” th...
Will I gain weight if I stop taking prescription stimulants?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Weight gain is often a problem when people stop taking stimulants. If you're overweight or have ...
How do I know if Saxenda is right for me?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Saxenda is a newer type of weight loss drug. It is in a class of medications called glucagon-like pe...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?