What should I avoid while taking Prepopik?

While you're taking the pre-colonoscopy laxative Prepopik (sodium picosulfate, magnesium oxide and citric acid), you should avoid taking any other laxatives. You should also avoid eating solid food and drinking milk or alcohol, all of which can increase the risk for side effects.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Ask the Doctors: How to Choose the Right Medications—For You and Your Pet
Q: I need to change birth control pills because the one I’m taking is giving me headaches. What’s the best way to find a new pill and do I need a mont...
What are the side effects of statin drugs?
John M. Kennedy, MDJohn M. Kennedy, MD
Side effects of statin drugs include muscle weakness and inflammation, as well as liver inflammation...
What are the benefits of statin drugs?
Dr. David B. Agus, MDDr. David B. Agus, MD
Statin drugs do much more than just lower cholesterol. In this video, cancer specialist and author D...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?