What are the side effects of Bacteriostatic Water?

Some people may experience side effects from Bacteriostatic Water. Some side effects to watch for are feeling feverish, tenderness at the injection site, abscess, infection, blood clot, inflammation of the vein or tissue necrosis. If you have an adverse reaction, discontinue use immediately and have a doctor examine you and administer counter measures, if necessary. Make certain that you retain the remainder of the unused solution so that it may be examined for the possible cause of the problem. Administration to an infant or newborn may produce blood pressure changes, so it is not advised to use on children of this age. In addition, Bacteriostatic Water used intravenously without a solute may end up breaking down the red blood cells, also known as hemolysis.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

The Super Power of Statins
The Super Power of Statins
In a tiny room in London’s New Scotland Yard there’s a police unit made up entirely of officers who have an uncanny ability to recognize human faces. ...
How do I know if Saxenda is right for me?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Saxenda is a newer type of weight loss drug. It is in a class of medications called glucagon-like pe...
What are fibric acid derivatives?
Fibric acid derivatives are cholesterol medications whose exact mechanism of action is unknown. ...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?