How should I take Qsymia?

You should take the prescription weight-loss medication Qsymia (phentermine and topiramate) exactly as directed by your doctor. Qsymia should be taken once a day, with a glass of water, in the morning. It can be taken with or without food, but you should not crush or chew the pills. Do not take this medication in the evening, because it can cause insomnia.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Watch Out for Bad Medication Chemistry
Watch Out for Bad Medication Chemistry
Babe Ruth on team chemistry: “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world...
What are appetite suppressants?
Gretchen M. Bosacker, MDGretchen M. Bosacker, MD
Appetite suppressants work by altering levels of certain chemicals in the brain, mainly serotonin. W...
What should I know before taking phentermine and topiramate?
Women who might be pregnant need a pregnancy test before starting treatment. If you are pregnant, pl...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?