How does Onfi work to control seizures?

Doctors aren't sure exactly how Onfi (clobazam) works to control seizures, but it appears to calm the abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Onfi will not cure Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, but may make the condition more manageable by reducing the frequency of seizures.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Inactive Ingredients in Medications May Cause Problematic Side Effects
The 2007 movie Fast Food Nation is a fictionalized account of what it takes to bring hamburger from farm to drive-thru—and the hidden “ingredients” th...
Who should not use the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection?
Anyone with a known allergy to the ingredients in the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection (med...
Will I gain weight if I stop taking prescription stimulants?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Weight gain is often a problem when people stop taking stimulants. If you're overweight or have ...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?