How does Nulojix work to prevent a rejection after my kidney transplant?

Nulojix (belatacept) prevents rejection of a kidney transplant by suppressing the immune system so it does not attack the kidney. When given along with other medications, it quiets your immune system enough to let your body get used to the new kidney and allow it to start functioning normally.

Studies show that people who received treatment that included Nulojix were less likely to reject their transplanted kidneys three years after surgery than people who didn't receive Nulojix.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Can Medical Marijuana Curb Opioid Addiction?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 115 Americans die daily from an overdose of opioids, a class of drugs that in...
Does phentermine and topiramate have any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, insomnia, difficulty thinking, depression, anxiety, rapid heart r...
Can I take pain medicines with Procardia to help with pain?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes. But be sure to clear this with your doctor so that he/she can monitor you for blood pressure ch...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?