How does Natroba work to treat head lice?

Natroba (spinosad) is a pediculicide, a substance that paralyzes and then kills head lice and their eggs (nits). After applying it to the scalp and hair, you can use a fine-toothed comb to remove the dead lice and nits and then take steps to make sure not to be reinfested with head lice.

Those precautions might include washing all of your bedding, towels, hats, recently worn clothes and hair-care items or accessories in hot water. Precautions also include not sharing brushes, combs, hats or other things that touch the scalp and hair, and avoiding head-to-head contact with people who have head lice.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

This Popular Marijuana Extract Might Treat Anxiety and Epilepsy
Cannabidiol (CBD), a component of the marijuana plant, has garnered some serious attention, which is no surprise given its supposed health benefits. P...
What should I know about the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection?
The MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection should only be used by medical professionals in a diag...
What should I know before taking phentermine and topiramate?
Women who might be pregnant need a pregnancy test before starting treatment. If you are pregnant, pl...
What are the Most Common Prescription Drugs That Cause Side Effects?