How much weight can I lose if I take Qsymia?

In clinical trials with Qsymia, the average participant lost between 6.7 and nearly 9 percent of their weight, depending on the dose. Qsymia is meant to be combined with diet and exercise for maximum weight loss. If people have not lost at least 5 percent of their weight after 24 weeks on the highest dose, Qsymia should be gradually discontinued.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Beware of Frauds and the Damage They Can Do
Whether it’s the true story of Frank Abignale, Jr. (Leonardo DiCaprio) in Catch Me If You Can, or a male sexual enhancement product called XtraHRD—ini...
How do I know if Saxenda is right for me?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Saxenda is a newer type of weight loss drug. It is in a class of medications called glucagon-like pe...
What are possible side effects of Stribild?
Side effects may include anxiety, depression, dizziness, fatigue, fever, headache, abnormal dreams, ...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?