How can I minimize the side effects of Vascepa?

To minimize side effects of Vascepa (icosapent ethyl), a prescription fish oil treatment for high triglycerides, give your doctor a complete medical history before you start taking it. Let him or her know about all your other medications (prescription and over-the-counter), as well as any supplements you take.

Once you're on Vascepa, take it as directed. Don't chew or break the capsules; take them whole. Report bothersome or persistent side effects to your doctor so they can be addressed early. If you have liver problems, your doctor may monitor you during treatment to be sure your liver issues don't worsen.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Ask the Doctors: How to Choose the Right Medications—For You and Your Pet
Q: I need to change birth control pills because the one I’m taking is giving me headaches. What’s the best way to find a new pill and do I need a mont...
Can Stribild interact with other medications?
If you are taking alfuzosin, you should not take Stribild. If you are taking silodosin or tamsulosin...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?