Can Xtandi cause seizures?

In one study, the percentage of men who had seizures while taking Xtandi (enzalutamide), a prescription medication used to treat metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer, was 0.9%. Seizures occurred as early as 31 days after men started to take Xtandi and as late as 603 days after they started. Men who had seizures were taken off the medication and no longer had seizures. If you are taking Xtandi, you should avoid activities in which a sudden loss of consciousness could result in serious harm to yourself or others.

No studies have looked at men who already have seizures before taking Xtandi, so there is no way to know how the drug would affect them.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

What You Need to Know About Medical Marijuana
Depending on whom you talk to, medical marijuana (also known as cannabis) is either a panacea for everything from cancer, to chronic pain, to epilepsy...
How do I know if Saxenda is right for me?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Saxenda is a newer type of weight loss drug. It is in a class of medications called glucagon-like pe...
What are possible side effects of Stribild?
Side effects may include anxiety, depression, dizziness, fatigue, fever, headache, abnormal dreams, ...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?