Can I use Zaltrap if I am breastfeeding?

You should not breastfeed if you are using the colon cancer drug Zaltrap (ziv-aflibercept). Researchers don't know yet whether the drug passes into breast milk, but the risk is high enough that experts say you should either wean your baby in order to take Zaltrap or use a different cancer treatment.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Ask the Doctors: How to Choose the Right Medications—For You and Your Pet
Q: I need to change birth control pills because the one I’m taking is giving me headaches. What’s the best way to find a new pill and do I need a mont...
What are cell receptor sites?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Every cell in your body has thousands of locations on its surface that serve as "mini" sense org...
What are the different types of ligands?
There are three different kinds of ligands or chemical messenger molecules. They are: neuropept...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?