Can I use Vascepa if I am breastfeeding?

Talk to your doctor about using Vascepa (icosapent ethyl), a prescription fish oil treatment for high triglycerides, while breastfeeding. He or she can help you consider the potential risks and benefits of this as well as other treatment options. While omega-3 esters, such as Vascepa, have been found to pass through a mother's system into breast milk, experts do not yet know what effect this has on nursing children.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Beware of Frauds and the Damage They Can Do
Whether it’s the true story of Frank Abignale, Jr. (Leonardo DiCaprio) in Catch Me If You Can, or a male sexual enhancement product called XtraHRD—ini...
What are the most common prescription drugs that cause side effects?
Suzy  CohenSuzy Cohen
Common prescription drugs that cause side effects include acid-blockers, corticosteroids and bir...
Who should not use the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection?
Anyone with a known allergy to the ingredients in the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection (med...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?