Can I use Qsymia if I am breastfeeding?

If you are breastfeeding, you should not take the prescription weight-loss medication Qsymia. Studies suggest that the medication may pass into breast milk and may cause adverse reactions in the child. Talk to your doctor about whether you should use a different treatment or wean your baby in order to use Qsymia.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

What You Need to Know About Medical Marijuana
Depending on whom you talk to, medical marijuana (also known as cannabis) is either a panacea for everything from cancer, to chronic pain, to epilepsy...
What are appetite suppressants?
Gretchen M. Bosacker, MDGretchen M. Bosacker, MD
Appetite suppressants work by altering levels of certain chemicals in the brain, mainly serotonin. W...
What are the effects of prescription stimulants?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Stimulants boost alertness, attention, and energy. They also ward off sleep and suppress appetit...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?