Can I use Prepopik if I am breastfeeding?

Experts don't know if it's safe to take the pre-colonoscopy laxative Prepopik (sodium picosulfate, magnesium oxide and citric acid) if you're breastfeeding, because they don't know if it passes into breast milk. Talk to your doctor about the potential risks and benefits of using Prepopik, and whether it makes more sense for you to use a different treatment or wean your baby before having a colonoscopy.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Inactive Ingredients in Medications May Cause Problematic Side Effects
The 2007 movie Fast Food Nation is a fictionalized account of what it takes to bring hamburger from farm to drive-thru—and the hidden “ingredients” th...
Does phentermine and topiramate have any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, insomnia, difficulty thinking, depression, anxiety, rapid heart r...
What is Stribild?
Stribild is one of the preferred drug regimens for people who have not yet taken drugs to treat HIV....
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?