Can I take Zelboraf if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you're a woman, you should not take the melanoma drug Zelboraf (vemurafenib) if you're pregnant, as it may harm a developing fetus. For the same reason, it's not safe to become pregnant while on this drug, or to get pregnant if your partner is taking it. Don't try to conceive until after you've stopped taking Zelboraf for at least two months. You should not breastfeed while being treated with this medication.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

What You Need to Know About Medical Marijuana
Depending on whom you talk to, medical marijuana (also known as cannabis) is either a panacea for everything from cancer, to chronic pain, to epilepsy...
What is an international unit?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
An International Unit, or IU, is the amount of a certain substance that is required to produce a giv...
What should I know about Stribild before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood and urine tests before starting treatment. You will need to be tes...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?