Can I take Jakafi if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you're pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant, tell your healthcare provider before you start treatment with Jakafi (ruxolitinib). Because it isn't known how this drug, which treats the bone marrow disorder myelofibrosis, might affect a developing fetus, you and your doctor will have to decide if the benefits to you of taking it outweigh the risks if you become pregnant. Your doctor may also advise you to not breastfeed while taking Jakafi. It isn't known if the drug passes into breast milk or how it might affect a nursing baby if it does.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

What Is CBD and Why Are so Many People Using It?
From vitamin store oils to online foot creams, cannabidiol (CBD) can be found just about everywhere these days, in a stunning array of products—and mi...
How do ligands work?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Chemical messenger molecules or ligands ("keys") float in your bloodstream and in the fluid that...
What are the most common prescription drugs that cause side effects?
Suzy  CohenSuzy Cohen
Common prescription drugs that cause side effects include acid-blockers, corticosteroids and bir...
What are the Most Common Prescription Drugs That Cause Side Effects?