Can I take Onfi if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you're pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are nursing, talk to your doctor before taking the anti-epileptic drug Onfi (clobazam). Studies of Onfi's effects on a pregnant woman or a developing fetus are inadequate to prove its safety.

If you become pregnant while you are taking Onfi, call your doctor right away. It should only be given during pregnancy if the potential benefits outweigh the risks to the baby. Your doctor may also recommend that you enroll in the North American Antiepileptic Drug (NAAED) Pregnancy Registry by calling the toll free number 888-233-2334.

Onfi is not recommended when nursing, since the drug passes into breast milk.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Can Medical Marijuana Curb Opioid Addiction?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 115 Americans die daily from an overdose of opioids, a class of drugs that in...
What are the effects of prescription stimulants?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Stimulants boost alertness, attention, and energy. They also ward off sleep and suppress appetit...
What is a generic name?
Generic name drugs contain the same active ingredients that name-brand drugs contain and are FDA-app...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?