Can I give Linzess to my child?

Linzess (linaclotide), a prescription medication for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C) or chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC) -- chronic constipation that has no clear cause -- should not be taken by children under age 6. It may be harmful for them. Also, the safety and effectiveness of Linzess haven't been determined for children age 6 to 18. Linzess is approved for use only in adults.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

What You Need to Know About Medical Marijuana
Depending on whom you talk to, medical marijuana (also known as cannabis) is either a panacea for everything from cancer, to chronic pain, to epilepsy...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
Why can't more beneficial substances be made into drugs?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
An abundance of naturally occurring substances with significant potential healing powers have not ye...
What's the Difference Between a Brand-Name Drug and a Generic Drug?