What can pets teach us about life?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Animals model virtues we often only experience in the realms of saints as they model humility, loyalty, unselfishness, forgiveness, happiness, playfulness, unconditional love, and a profound sense of inner peace. Just by being who they are, animals remind us to lighten up and enjoy the simple pleasures every day brings.

None of us can forget the pure, simple, but amazingly powerful experience of sharing life with our first pets. Our first childhood experience of the natural cycles of life and death often came through our relationships with our animal friends, and they often gave us our first lessons in friendship, kindness, gentleness, and responsibility as well.

A pet has an amazing power to ground you and bring you into the present moment. A dog or a cat doesn't fret over the past or fear the future, but lives solely, joyfully in the now. Animals invite us to explore, enjoy, and integrate our animal natures, a vital part of ourselves we rarely acknowledge or give credence to.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Health Benefits of Pet Ownership

No Raw Deal for Your Pet
No Raw Deal for Your Pet
Think the raw pet food trend is good for your pet? Think again -- it could actually harm you as well. Raw pet food often contains meat, bones and orga...
How can my pet give me a disease?
Pets have bad habits just like people do, and these habits can make owners ill. In this video, I wil...
11 Winter Pet Health Hazards to Avoid
11 Winter Pet Health Hazards to Avoid11 Winter Pet Health Hazards to Avoid11 Winter Pet Health Hazards to Avoid11 Winter Pet Health Hazards to Avoid
Antifreeze, candles and other common cold-weather must-haves may be putting your furry friends at risk.
How Your Dog Helps You Lose Weight & Lower Blood Pressure