What are the treatment options for pesticide food poisoning?

If you suspect that you have pesticide food poisoning you should call a Poison Control Center right away. In the meantime doctors recommend several home treatments. Once you see your doctor, you have to wait for the poison to flush from your system. In severe cases, your doctor may prescribe a medication that makes you vomit in order to purge your system of the pesticide. Rarely, the pesticide can cause damage to your organs and bodily systems, in which case your doctor may prescribe different medications.

Continue Learning about Pesticide Food Poisoning

How does pesticide food poisoning affect the kidney and liver?
Certain pesticides affect your kidneys and liver. For example, when ingested, herbicides often affec...
How do I care for someone with pesticide food poisoning?
You can care for someone with pesticide food poisoning by giving them the support and care that they...
What increases my risk for pesticide food poisoning?
Children are most at risk for pesticide food poisoning because of their undeveloped immune systems. ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my pesticide food poisoning symptoms?
If you suspect that you have pesticide food poisoning, you should speak with your doctor right away....