How does pesticide food poisoning affect the body?

The effects of pesticide food poisoning on the body depend on the type of exposure and the type of pesticide. If you have had acute or sudden exposure to the pesticide, your symptoms will be swift and severe. If you have had chronic exposure or repeated small ingestions of the pesticide, your symptoms will be gradual but serious, resulting in cancer, birth defects, and system failures. Insecticides and herbicides are most commonly associated with pesticide food poisoning and affect your enzyme levels, kidneys, and liver.

Continue Learning about Pesticide Food Poisoning

What is the rate of incidence for pesticide food poisoning?
Although the rates for pesticide food poisoning are unknown, pesticide poisoning in general is known...
What are the symptoms of pesticide food poisoning?
The symptoms of pesticide food poisoning can include fever, stomach ache, vomiting, fatigue, and dia...
How do I manage my pesticide food poisoning on a daily basis?
If you suspect that you might have pesticide food poisoning, you should contact your doctor right aw...
Can pesticide food poisoning be prevented?
It is often difficult to detect pesticides in a specific piece of food or produce and thus it is dif...