Why are some people mean?

Brenda K. Wade, PhD
Why are some people toxic and mean? Here’s what happens. Before the age of eight, children are miniature recording devices, they download whatever they see, hear, touch, taste, or smell, directly into their brains. Your brain can only learn through your five senses. Remember this: those who don’t heal their own hurt feelings, turn around and do unto others what was done to them. Even when it comes to love, they actually believe that “love equals pain”. That’s the pattern formed in their brain during childhood. It’s what my mom learned and what I learned too. Toxic people are not bad people, they just haven’t learned new patterns.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is the best way to deal with the many guises of fear?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
No matter what stage a person may be in, fear can be released. One starts by reaching out and beginn...
What is the problem with Enneagram type nine personalities?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
On one level they seem to be living in a place that the rest of us aspire to, serene and accepting o...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?