As a nice girl, why do I need to balance my work and personal lives?

Karen R Koenig
Reaching a balance encourages you to throw yourself into goal-oriented tasks and feel good about accomplishments (which adds to a sense of competence and builds self-esteem) and allows you to turn off your motor and recharge your battery. No one can run on empty! Play and relaxation are not wrong or due to laziness or lack of motivation. They are natural and normal. If your motor is constantly running, what is it running from? Perhaps it’s your idealized view of yourself, what someone else would (or does) say about the evils of idle hands. An addiction to work, overscheduling, and busyness are unhealthy and add to stress. Balancing work and play gives you the best of both worlds.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is the difference between pain and suffering?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Many people confuse pain with suffering. We have to realize, first of all, that pain is not the same...
What happens to things stored in the shadow (of consciousness)?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Whatever is stored in darkness becomes distorted. Awareness, like fresh water, is meant to flow; whe...
How Should We Feel When We Think We Think About Death?