What should I do when the acute stages of suffering pass?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Once the acute stages of grief have passed, your sense of suffering may be subtle, like a gray fog rather than a sharp physical wound. In this case, it is important to do more than strive to regain a sense of normalcy. The absence of acute suffering means that you are ready to start fulfilling your most fundamental needs once more.

Fundamental needs include:

The need for safety.
The need to belong.
The need to be acknowledged by others.
The need to matter.
The need to express yourself freely.
The need for love.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is the difference between self-esteem and self-compassion?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
People sometimes confuse self-esteem with self-compassion. The two are quite different. Self-esteem ...
How does thought relate to my soul's awareness?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
As our higher-self counterpart, our soul is shaped and enhanced by all that we do and say. The more ...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?