What is triangulation and why should I try my damdest to avoid it?

Karen R Koenig
This is probably a new strategy for you. You may not even know what it means. Triangulation refers to any kind of interpersonal triangle - think of it as not getting caught in the middle of two (or more) people’s craziness. When you try to smooth over a blowout between your mother and sister that doesn’t involve you, you’re getting triangulated. The same is true when your daughter and husband or two best friends are battling, or two bigwigs at work are in conflict. If it has nothing to do with you, reduce your stress, step back, and uncomfortable as that makes you, stop trying to fix the problem and stay out of it!

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How can my thought wound or heal?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
When you hold a thought about someone, you are either drawing themnear or pushing them away. The pow...
How can my inner voice be tamed?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
The answer is freedom, yet in a most peculiar way: You must free yourself from decisions. The voice ...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?