What are strengths associated with wisdom in positive psychology?

Ronald Siegel
In positive psychology, the virtue of wisdom is associated with intellectual strengths that help you gain and use information.

Strengths associated with wisdom include:
  • Creativity: Using the imagination to develop original ideas and objects. These may be in the artistic realm but can also involve inventive solutions to practical problems.
  • Curiosity: Being fascinated by and eager to learn about a wide variety of topics. Exploring and having new experiences.
  • Open-mindedness: Fairly examining issues from all sides without being influenced by preconceptions. Being willing to change your mind in light of new evidence.
  • Love of learning: Adding systematically to your knowledge and thereby mastering new skills and subjects.
  • Perspective: Being able to provide wise counsel to others. Possessing ways of looking at the world that make sense to yourself and others.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is spiritual transformation?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
If transformation is the norm, then spiritual transformation falls into place as an extension of whe...
How can I encounter my real self?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Try to catch yourself in a critical moment and pull away from it. Pick a strongly negative experienc...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?