What are strengths associated with humanity in positive psychology?

Ronald Siegel
In positive psychology, the virtue of humanity is associated with interpersonal strengths that help you befriend others and tend to your relationships. Strengths associated with humanity include:
  • Social or emotional intelligence: Being aware of your motives and feelings and those of others. Knowing how to fit into various social situations. Recognizing what makes other people tick.
  • Love: Having the capacity to give and receive love. Valuing and maintaining close relationships with people.
  • Kindness: Nurturing and caring for others. Showing generosity, compassion, altruism, and simple niceness.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What should I do when the acute stages of suffering pass?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Once the acute stages of grief have passed, your sense of suffering may be subtle, like a gray fog r...
What is the stable point of stability?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Since childhood, all of us have found a stable point through the ego. We imagine a fixed "I" who is ...
How Should We Feel When We Think We Think About Death?