What strengths are linked to happiness in positive psychology?

Ronald Siegel
In positive psychology, strengths are built-in capacities for certain thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Certain strengths have been found to be the most closely linked to happiness (feelings of contentment or joy; the overall experience of pleasure, well-being, and meaning in life). They are gratitude, hope, vitality, curiosity, and love. These strengths are so important that they're worth cultivating and applying in your daily life, whether or not they come naturally to you.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Are extroverts happier than introverts?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Extroverts have been shown to have higher levels of happiness, but researchers say they might just h...
What is extreme perfectionism?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
When perfectionism goes too far, it is considered extreme, or “neurotic,” according to Canadian ...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?