What is the credo of the true self?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
The credo of the true self is joy with detachment. The joy comesfrom no longer having to cling to a small, defended territory. Thedetachment comes from having such wide awareness that everything isat once yours and not yours.

Joy with detachment is the spiritual aim of life. On the healingpath you will experience moments of both, and there will bestretches when neither is possible. Your ego will shout itsdemands, and then "I, me, and mine" will have to be tended to. Thisis natural. The smallest circle of your being, the place of ego andits needs, is just as holy a place as the wider circles. To saythat anyone has a false self is a relative term. It is more true tosay that we are all writing our lives in stone, hoping for the daywhen we will be written in water, and knowing the time will comewhen we will be written in air.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is respect?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
Respect is an attitude. It is an experience of honor, esteem, consideration, and caring.Respect ...
Being a nice girl, should I focus on taking care of others or myself?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
What a sticky wicket - but it’s at the core of effective self-care. It’s a lot easier to throw your ...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?