What is spiritual transformation?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
If transformation is the norm, then spiritual transformation falls into place as an extension of where life has been going all along. While still remaining who you are, you can bring about a quantum leap in your awareness, and the sign that the leap is real will be some emergent property you never experienced in the past.

Transforming yourself is like getting pregnant. Every woman who decides to get pregnant is making a personal decision and yet submitting to a tremendous force of nature. On the one hand, she exerts free will; on the other, she is caught up in inexorable events. Once she has a fertilized seed inside her womb, nature takes over; producing a child is something you do and at the same time it is something that is happening to you. The same can be said for any other true transformation. You can make a personal decision to be spiritual, but when spirit really takes hold, you are caught up in forces far beyond yourself. It's as if a surgeon is called into the operating room for an essential surgery and looks down to find that the patient on the table is himself.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Where do negative emotions get there power?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Negative emotions feed off certain aspects of the shadow -- a hidden place where we all repress thin...
How do I know if I am a perfectionist?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
If you’re a perfectionist - and my hunch is that most of you sport this label - you probably know it...
How Should We Feel When We Think We Think About Death?