What is psychodermatology?

Psychodermatology explores treating skin problems by focusing on the relationship between the body and mind. Psychodermatologists look at external stressors that may affect our skin or our bodies' healing process. Based on these stressors, a specific treatment plan, which can combine anything from yoga to self-hypnosis with more traditional treatments like antibiotics, is put in place. It's not yet clear if psychodermatolgy will be very effective against common problems such as acne or eczema.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How can I learn to take criticism and negative feedback better?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
What a doozy of a skill for any of us. It’s never fun to hear negative things about yourself. Howeve...
What does it mean there'll only be love when all is me and mine?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Ego, too, gets redeemed. Only then do you realize what an amazingtrick God has pulled, to make the v...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?