What is extreme perfectionism?

Alice Domar
When perfectionism goes too far, it is considered extreme, or “neurotic,” according to Canadian researchers Gordon L. Flett and Paul L. Hewitt. “Neurotic perfectionism is a tendency to strive for excessively high standards and is motivated by fears of failure and concern about disappointing others.”
Be Happy Without Being Perfect: How to Worry Less and Enjoy Life More

Do you have trouble going to bed at night when there’s a mess in the kitchen? Do you think you would be happier if only you could lose weight, be a better parent, work smarter, reduce stress,...

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How can I achieve true tolerance?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Merely tolerating another person is a distortion of true tolerance.True tolerance comes about when y...
What are causes of perfectionism?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
Are perfectionists made or born? Probably both. Obsessive-compulsive disorder has a genetic comp...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?