What is extreme perfectionism?

Alice Domar
When perfectionism goes too far, it is considered extreme, or “neurotic,” according to Canadian researchers Gordon L. Flett and Paul L. Hewitt. “Neurotic perfectionism is a tendency to strive for excessively high standards and is motivated by fears of failure and concern about disappointing others.”
Be Happy Without Being Perfect: How to Worry Less and Enjoy Life More

Do you have trouble going to bed at night when there’s a mess in the kitchen? Do you think you would be happier if only you could lose weight, be a better parent, work smarter, reduce stress,...

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Am I sufficient within myself to meet any challenge?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
My soul knows me as lacking nothing. This affirmation is about being sufficient within yourself t...
What is suffering?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
Pain is an inevitable part of human life. We all experience it, it's unavoidable: we feel grief when...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?