What are the characteristics of a Type A personality?

Sudeepta Varma, MD
Psychiatry
Type A personalities tend to be very high-strung, ambitious and competitive; they are neat, move very quickly and are chronically stressed. Watch psychiatrist Sudeepta Varma, MD, explain the characteristics and health risks of the Type A personality.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Have we become trapped by the act of choosing?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Simply put, yes, but this is a surprising idea because it runs counter to a lifelong behavior. For a...
How will being less judgmental about myself help me?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
Along with self-compassion you need a large dollop of self-curiosity. Can you see how reflection, co...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?