What are bodily sensations of fear?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
These sensations are the biological residue of experience. When you recall being frightened by something, for example, your body revisits the scene as surely as your mind, and instead of merely remembering, it re-creates the same symptoms you felt at the moment. The same cold stab of fear comes back, carrying with it a particular bodily signature, which is the expression of its energy.

In healing, the energy is more important than the accompanying thoughts. Like a pebble in your shoe, a disturbing energy reminds you of its presence by sending out signals of pain. It does no good to keep thinking about how much the pebble hurts; until you remove the source of the energy, no healing has occurred. Similarly, fear and anxiety send up countless thoughts, but until you move the energy, attending to the thoughts will not bring lasting relief. Fear will just attach itself to a new set of thoughts.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Did my upbringing affect the way I behave at my work?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
So why can’t you help saying yes at work or shake behavior that consistently gets you into trouble b...
What is perfectionism?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
Canadian researchers Gordon L. Flett and Paul L. Hewitt wrote the book on perfectionism, so to s...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?